Here are the following stories that I’ve written for NaNoWriMo:
- (NaNoWriMo 2008) Notorious: The Ballad of Candy Cane Brenner: In 2005, famous pop singer/actress Candy Cane Brenner attends a charity concert in Bolindale, New Mexico. While there, she finds herself involved in a decade-old murder mystery of a little girl named Mimi Johnson.
- (NaNoWriMo 2009) Cosplay! The Novel: 14-year-old Nicholas Blue Prater moves with his family from Owasso, Oklahoma to Pacific Grove, California during the year 2003. At his new high school, Nicholas befriends a group of misfits and discovers anime and cosplay.
- (NaNoWriMo 2010) Harry Potter Destroyed My Town: 13-year-old Daniel Dickens, who lives in the city of Nander Castle, Nevada, describes his town’s obsession with Harry Potter Potter. When a high-profile Harry Potter fan disappears from his home, Daniel must deal with his inner conflicts as well as a town that must kick its obsession with the boy wizard to the curb.
- (NaNoWriMo 2011) Life, Sin, & Blood: Nadia Coffey, a popular girl, loses her parents in a mysterious fire; she, her twin brother Drew, and younger sister Chelsea move in with relatives in Charleston, South Carolina. While attempting to fit in her new school, Nadia meets a vampire named Adam Norwood; they end up going on a magically epic adventure.
- (NaNoWriMo 2012) Magical Compositions: During the year 1998, best friends Julie Warrington, Nadine Levesque, Melanie Paltrier, and Phoebe Harrell (along with three other girls) form the famous rock band The All-American Princess. They were responsible for several #1 hit songs, which include “Rock on By“, “Eye Loathe You“, “Reality Killed the Video Star“, and “Secular Angels“. Yet the band comes under heavy scrutiny when one of their songs exposes several bullies and their cruel deeds. The girls also fall prey to the pitfalls of fame, which include (not drinking or drugs) their lives being flashed all over the media (in Phoebe’s case) family secrets being exposed. The band eventually falls apart after a tragedy tears their school apart.
- (NaNoWriMo 2013) Janette Lennox: 13-year-old Janette Lennox doesn’t fit in at the boarding school she is currently attending. Yet on her 14th birthday, she is sent to the famous Garmaris School of Alchemy & Magic. As Janette finds her classes and makes new friends, she discovers that she’s part of a controversial magical legacy.
- (NaNoWriMo 2014) Confessions of a FanFiction Writer: 16-year-old Noelle Forbes is obsessed with the Silver Stones series; she spends most of her time writing fanfiction about the Silver Stones and her favorite character, Dylan Drake. Yet when her English teacher tells her that fanfiction is a waste of time and creativity (and she’s failing English), Noelle realizes that she needs to deal with her fanfiction addiction.
- (NaNoWriMo 2015) And You Thought Your Family Was Weird: When 15-year-old Kristin Fernando is sent to to stay with her mother’s cousins Tybalt and Cassandra MacPherson and their children 15-year-old Velvet, 14-year-old Nader, 11-year-old Jacquala, and baby Siegfried in McDermitt, Arizona following her parents’ divorce, she is sure that her life as a stereotypical teenager is over. Her cousins are so weird, famed rocker Ozzy Osborne could claim them as his long-lost cousins. Kristin wonders if she deserved this form of punishment. But when her mother gives her a diary, Kristin is upset, knowing that she has accounts on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and WordPress. Yet she uses her diary to express her anger at her parents’ divorce, her unhappiness at leaving her friends, and being in a new school where the usage of social media is forbidden. Will she be able to balance her online life with her offline life and get along with her cousins?
Currently writing NaNoWriMo stories:
- (NaNoWriMo 2016) The Imaginary Magical Worlds of Jacquel Chrissy May: In this story, I write some of the craziest things the mind can make up. Beware of creepypastas, shocking fan theories, and other terrifying things! (This story is not for the fainthearted.)