Once again, I’m getting ready to start this crazy little project called StoryADay 2017. The object of this project is to write a short story everyday in the month of May. You might think that someone like me, who wirties everyday for a living would be able to handle a bit of writing.
Sometimes I come down with writer’s block and I can’t seem to move forward. But luckily for me, StoryADay gives you a prompt and you have to create a short story using that prompt.
So far, I have written for StoryADay for the years 2013-2016. This year will be no exception, as I’m going to write some intense short stories that will hit you where it hurts the most.
So what are some of my favorite short stories from StoryADay?
Well, I have a few short stories listed, and they are as follows:
- The Necessary Reboot (which describes a TV show like My Little Pony)
- Catching a Criminal (and its prequel “The Case of the Perplexing Story“)
- We Worship Hobbits (a tribute to the Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien)
- The disappearance of a non-existent boy (genderflipped version of a previous story)
- Whatever Happened to Anastasia Elan and Treasure Dara? (a fake magazine article on two famous girls)
- “Promise Me” (a historical fiction version of the famous scene in “Game of Thrones”)
- Love is Sweet, My Friend, But It Cannot Change This Story (and its prequel, “The Runaway“)
- In 30 Minutes, Three Cousins Get a Reality Check (in which the “9/11 Averted” story is flipped on its head)
- There’s a Woman in the Men’s Bathroom (my response to the transgender bathroom controversy)
- In the end is the beginning (how one of my stories is going to end)
OK, I’m going to stop right there, but the stories I have listed are available for reading on the blog Stories in 5 Minutes. Thank you for reading this blog post and I’ll see you on Wednesday.