Before I begin writing this years’ NaNoWriMo story, I’d like to look at what I have written the years before. I believe this is a good reminder of where I have been, and where I am going as a writer.
Of course, none of them will be written unless I do something about it, but that’s for another time.
Anyway, here’s the following stories I’ve written for NaNoWriMo:
- 2008: NOTORIOUS: The Ballad of Candy Cane Brenner (Famous pop singer gets involved in small-town murder mystery.)
- 2009: Cosplay! The Novel (White boy ignores his own heritage and embraces Japanese subculture.)
- 2010: How Harry Potter Destroyed My Town (Boy ignores Harry Potter at his own peril; small town must kick obsession with Harry Potter to the curb.)
- 2011: Life, Sin, & Blood (Popular girl who hates the Twilight books dates a vampire.)
- 2012: Magical Compositions (Rich girls create rock band, but band flops after two years.)
- 2013: Janette Lennox (Female version of harry potter goes to magic school.)
- 2014: Confessions of a FanFiction Addict (Fan fiction is bad for creativity. Just ask your English teacher.)
- 2015: And You Thought Your Family Was Weird! (Your family is better than social media.)
I have eight stories that are waiting to be completed, and I will be able to do those if I manage to complete this year’s NaNoWriMo early (which I highly doubt). But if I manage to win NaNoWriMo before the month is out, I promise to work on my other stories.
Yes, this is a promise I intend to keep, as I’ve told myself no more starting new projects until I get my other projects completed. (This time, I mean it.) Plus, I have a few new stories for future NaNoWriMo writing projects that need to get set up, so I can’t do those if I can’t get the ones I already have completed.
So there you go. I’ll be back with more!