Now we get to the part of the story where I seemed to have abandoned everything.
In the original story, Jennifer’s younger brother Addison is attempting to recreate a fake World War 2 battle when he notices Jennifer and scolds her for being cruel to a random student. Jennifer accuses him of being a Lisa Brooks wannabe and decides to “seek her own company“.
Pretty selfish, don’t you think?
That part of the story is going to be changed around, so don’t worry about that. I haven’t decided what to do with it yet.
- Why not turn that novel into a short story? (jeanswriting.com)
- Things Not to Do in Short Stories (dailytwocents.com)
- 3 Advantages & Disadvantages of Writing a Serial (michikokatsu.com)
- A Conversation Starter about the Lack of Diversity in Young Adult Literature (talichaj.com)
- 6 YA Novels About Suicide (litreactor.com)
- The case for young adult literature (stanforddaily.com)