I’m now editing Chapter 1 of “Confessions of a Fan Fiction Writer“, and in this part of the story, Noelle (the story’s main protagonist) talks about her obsession with Dylan Drake, a character from the controversial and much-hated “The Silver Stones” series. She also describes the fan club dedicated to Dylan Drake that she set up at her local high school and what friends that she managed to have. She also talks about the fan wars that drove her fan club underground, as well as dealing with the fact that there were no plans to make “The Silver Stones” into a movie and how interest in the fantasy series is apparently dynig. Yet Noelle vows to hold onto her love for Dylan Drake for as long as she possibly could.
Well, being part of a dying fandom sucks, doesn’t it?
EDIT: made a few changes, but left the rest as is.
- Female Protagonists and Diversity in Fantasy by author Nathan Chandler (zensanity.blogspot.com)
- Fandoms Cross over in Memory of Spock (chris.pirillo.com)
- “My Fandom Valentine” Envisions Pop Culture Characters Being Asked Romantic Questions (geeksaresexy.net)
- Word of the Week: Shipping (nancyfriedman.typepad.com)
- Top Ten Most Overrated Fandoms (thetoptens.com)