Hello, and welcome back to this series of essays called Strong Female Characters. For the past few weeks, I have been discussing what really makes a strong female character and I have discovered that is not physical strength makes a woman strong, it’s how she goes about using that strength to meet her goals.
This time, I am going to have to lay into some strong female characters and figure out if they are really strong or not due to my character strengths test. This means that your favorite character will be bashed to death if she doesn’t meet my expectations on how she should conduct herself
Get ready to feel the burn.
I will kick off the test next week.
- Writing Quote: The Empowerment Fantasy in Romance Fiction (jimfishertruecrime.blogspot.com)
- Viola Davis Stresses the Need For More “Real Women” on TV and in Movies (popsugar.com)
- A Year of READING Dangerously: #8 His Dark Materials (ritalovestowrite.com)
- Strong Female Characters in Videogames: Debunking a Myth [Video] (geeksaresexy.net)
- Sophie Turner Explains Why ‘Game Of Thrones’ Is Good For Women (huffingtonpost.com)
- “Fifty Shades of Grey” Is Not “Twilight,” So Stop Comparing Them, Says Jamie Dornan (spd.rss.ac)
- Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas – review (theguardian.com)