Well, this is it, everyone. We’ve reached the dreaded forth-week slump, which I have dubbed the fourth week of NaNoWriMo. I usually hate this time of year, since Thanksgiving is always on Thursday and there’s the threat of Black Friday and movies to pull you away from your story and make you forget that you’re even writing a story to begin with.
That happened to me the first three years of NaNoWriMo, so I learned to say “no” to certain things until I met my word count for the day.
And this year will be no different.
I’m now on chapter 10 if this story and now that I have gotten to this point in time, I realize that I have left out a good chunk of stuff that needed to be written and there are some things that I could leave out. I might not even have a sequel to this story at all the way things are going now.
Will I reach my goal of 50,000 words before the day is over? I hope so.
- See when your favorite Saginaw and Midland area stores open on Thanksgiving, Black Friday 2014 (mlive.com)
- Black Friday Store Hours (justmeandyoukid.com)
- National Novel Writing Month – Expectations Vs. Reality #Writer #newbiewriter (blondewritemore.wordpress.com)
- 11 tips to “winning” NaNoWriMo (crissilangwell.com)
- Why Do I Hate NaNoWriMo? (FAQ) (chrisbrecheen.blogspot.com)