When we last left off, Juniper Chadwell and Caleb Ketterbridge are now living in their own fantasy worlds, but they quickly discover that their fantasy worlds aren’t what they were cracked up to be.
Now we are still focusing on Caleb as he goes from a boy who was shut away from the world to a boy who learns to find his place in the world.
When we first met Caleb in the story “The Emerald Magic“, he was nothing more than a young boy was shut away from the world because of his Asperger’s. His parents, Clifford and Marcella Ketterbidge, refused to allow him to go to school or even out to play; many of the next door neighbors have already plotted to rescue Caleb by the time this story begins.
Yet one night while caleb is in bed, several fairies show up; in a few minutes, Clifford and Marcella are killed and Caleb was kidnapped by the fairies.
Now that Caleb is far from his room and a protective bubble that he was forced to live in, he realizes that he has no choice but to now find his place in the world. I have yet to reach this point, but you can figure out the rest over till I get there.
Unfortunately, due to NaNoWriMo, I will not be able to continue the segment until December. So, you will have to wait to see how this goes.
- Asperger’s: Are We on the Same Page Here? (thecandidpickle.wordpress.com)
- Has Anyone Read this? (learningneverstops.wordpress.com)
- Understanding the Gender Gap: Autistic Women and Girls (ahankell.wordpress.com)
- Susan Boyle reveals struggle with Asperger Syndrome (itv.com)
- 22 Things a Woman Must Know: If She Loves a Man With Asperger’s Syndrome (womenshealthwebsite.com)
- The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion (maryslibrary.typepad.com)