The second story is called Cosplay! The Novel and it was written for NaNoWriMo 2009. In this story, Nicholas Blue Prater, a kid who has a problematic home life, is sent to a new school where most of the kids are in social groups. He instead hangs out with a bunch of misfits and discovers the exciting world of Cosplay.
Nicholas is first seen as a shy boy who refuses to even participate in various school activities. That was, until he meets Cheri Li Hampton, a no-nonsense girl who forcibly pulls him from his self-imposed social isolation and introduces him to anime and Cosplay. Nicholas learns many life lessons, from forming friendships, dealing with bullies, and even trying to deal with his messed-up family.
Why is the story not finished: because I’m in the process of editing the story and currently writing chapter 18. Whether or not I will make this into a series is up for debate (which might happen, depending on how I will end the story).
My books Harry Moffer & the Dumbest Story Ever and The Summer of Our Discontent are available on Smashwords.com.
- Cosplay Friday #61: Element Cosplay (optimusreports.com)
- The Reality and Fantasy of Cosplay (kotaku.com)
- The rise of cosplay = The fall of the economy (news.3yen.com)
- Zatannurday: Even More Cosplay (timbrannan.blogspot.com)
- The Origin of the Word “Cosplay” (adafruit.com)