Hello, and welcome to another week of top 10 in fandom. I hoped that you enjoyed the last list, because there are some people in this world who are a lot scarier that Lord Voldemort.
Anyway, this week’s topic is the top 10 reasons why Percy Jackson is better than Harry Potter. As we all know, Harry Potter is a wizard and Percy Jackson is a demigod. Now pit these two against each other and we’re talking a fantasy showdown that won’t soon be forgotten.
Anyway, the top 10 reasons why Percy Jackson is better than Harry Potter are as follows:
10. Percy has a pen that becomes a sword (and he never loses it), but all Harry has is a wooden wand.
8. Voldemort is just a messed-up wizard, but Kronos is a huge threat to the entire world.
6. If there was an underwater fight, Percy would win for sure.
5. In fact, Percy can pretty much hold his own during a fight. I mean, he’s beaten Medusa, a Hydra, and he even squeezed past Luke and retrieved the lightning bolt. What did Harry do, besides maybe yelling “Expeliarmus” a whole bunch of times?
4. You seriously thought that Percy Jackson ripped off Harry Potter?
2. Percy’s story is a bit more exciting than Harry’s boring story.
1. At the end of the day, demigods rule and wizards drool.
Well, that’s all for this list, so I suggest that you set aside Harry Potter and start reading Percy Jackson. If you find yourself disagreeing with any of the above items for any reason, then let me know in the comments. See you next week for more Top 10 in Fandom!
- The Real Reads Mansfield Park – a review (sarahemsley.com)
- From the bookstore to the big screen (collegian.com)
- 4 Unanswered Questions About The Sorcerer’s Stone | Harry Potter Plotholes? (dailytwocents.com)
- Percy Jackson book review + giveaway: The Blood of Olympus (joannemallon.typepad.com)