First off, let’s all take the time to celebrate our mothers.
And now for a very serious blog post, which details the importance of mothers (and fathers, which I will talk about on Father’s Day).
The reason why I say this is that there are just too many stories out there where the mother isn’t there to support her children. Whether it’s through death, abandonment, or estrangement, the mother who isn’t there for her children does more damage to them than is good.
Plus, I’m starting to understand why it’s a bad idea to kill off the mother just to make a child an orphan.
“Mother knows best” is the line that most of us claim to adhere to, and yet, these days, we’re choosing not to listen to our mothers, but instead, we do our own thing. We need to stop this kind of thinking immediately and go back to the good strong moral values that our mothers have taught us when we were children. (And I need to do that as well.)
So, there’s that blog post.
- Mother’s Day – Celebrity Pics (eyestylemeblog.wordpress.com)
- A Celebration of Mothers, with Dr. Sheri (the3day.org)
- Video: K. Michelle | A Mother’s Prayer (getmybuzzup.com)
- Happy Mother’s Day-2014 (gkdutta.wordpress.com)
- Mother’s Day Tributes a Big Hit at Ballpark: MLB 9 Innings (guardianlv.com)
- Growing Up Without A Mother: Five Women Share Their Story (bdclifeinstyle.com)
- Mothers (authorbobtait.wordpress.com)