The franchises that need to “go away and die“!
Hello, and welcome to this segment of Top 10 in Fandom. Today, we’ll be discussing the franchises that I think really need to, simply put, “go away and die“. I don’t know why we keep seeing these franchises appear on our TV and movie screens year after year, and to be honest, we’ve had enough of them.
So, without further ado, here are the top franchises that need to be put away (preferably for good):
3. A Series of Unfortunate Events. I will admit to the fact that I had a difficult time reading this series of books. To me, they just seemed to be too dark and not very good. (Plus, the ending was just unbelievable, and in a bad way). I wish I had thought twice before reading those books.
2. Harry Potter. I will not repeat myself: Harry Potter is (in my opinion) one of the WORST fantasy series to be released in recent memory. I mean, the books are dull and the movies were just as bad. And to make matters worse, the commercialism of the series has made suckers out of millions of kids and adults. Now Rowling wants more Harry Potter books and movies. No more. (can’t we just let this one die???)
1. Star Wars. Need I say more? I mean, we‘ve had just about enough of Star Wars to last us the rest of our entire lives. The movies were hokey (compared to Star Trek) and did we really NEED all those prequels and “Clone Wars” cartoons? NO! Enough with the Star Wars, I say!
Well, that’s all for this list. If you find yourself disagreeing with any of the above items for any reason, then let me know in the comments. See you next week for more Top 10 in Fandom!
- ‘Harry Potter’ Fandom: 6 Ways It’s Like the Mafia (news.moviefone.com)
- What Is The Future Of Fandoms? (geekalabama.com)
- Competing Fandoms: Or, why I am not a Whovian or Harry Potter fan, and never will be (but that’s ok). (sourcererblog.wordpress.com)
- Race + Fandom: When Defaulting To White Isn’t An Option (racialicious.com)