I guess I’m just not that interested in sports at all.
But that doesn’t mean that I won’t be writing any stories about sports.
In fact, there is a story that I plan to write for this year’s Camp NaNoWriMo; it’s called “Life in the Deep End of the Swimming Pool“. In this story, Boris Roberson (a boy who loves basketball to the point of obsession) is uprooted from his Kingsley, North Carolina home when his family moves to Mauston, California. After an incident where a young man drowns in the community swimming pool trying to rescue a drowning neighbor, the mayor of Mauston orders all African-American children living in the city to take swimming lessons. Boris and his twin sister, Brittany, end up joining the swim team after the entire school basketball team is benched because none of the players knows how to swim. (Of course, there is much controversy over this, but that’s for a later post.
So yes, I do know a thing or two about sports, but that doesn’t mean that Im going to be a sports fanatic. That’s not how I operate.
Well, that’s all for now; look for a new blog post coming February 11, 2014.
And yes, you’re welcome to buy my book Harry Moffer & the Dumbest Story Ever on Amazon.com.
- The Benefits Of Swimming For Fitness (nhlnewfunwaystoexercise.blogspot.com)
- Swim Spas – How They Can Help You (spafactoryseconds.wordpress.com)
- Swimmin’ Like the “Hoff” (dabigleap.wordpress.com)
- No I’m Not Drowning … That’s How I Swim! (rainywriter.wordpress.com)
- I just narrowly escaped drowning!! (diusamuel.wordpress.com)
- Sink or Swim (thewannabesaint.com)