I feel like this story is getting harder to write.
Now that I have gotten to the 30,000-word mark, I’m starting to feel the pressure to get the story done. It’s not easy, since I have other projects going on that can’t be neglected. I wonder if this story will be a complete success or just another incomplete failure like the stories that came before it. (My NaNoWriMo 2011 story “Life, Sin, & Blood” is the only exception, as I am preparing to complete the story.)
Anyway, I have to rewrite chapter six of Janette Lennox because the chapter felt too short and I wanted Janette to spend more time interacting with the boys before she goes to her dorm and sorts out her issues. With each chapter of the story being between 2,000 and 5,000 words, I really need to get cracking if I want to get to 50,000 words on time.
Well, I’m out. But before I go, the popular writing website Wattpad has a writing contest going on, meaning if you write a story for NaNoWriMo on the site, you could win $2,000. For this reason, I’m posting the story on Wattpad, which you can read here: http://www.wattpad.com/story/9966492-janette-lennox
And yes, you can buy my book Harry Moffer & the Dumbest Story Ever on Amazon.com.
- Help! NaNoWriMo’s almost half over and I’m stuck! What should I do? (poppycockpublishing.com)
- NaNoWriMo Tip #12: Take a Walk (mediabistro.com)
- ISBW NaNoWriMo Special Episode 19 – What if you fall behind? (murverse.com)
- NaNoWriMo Is for First Drafts (onewaytowonder.wordpress.com)
- The Last Days of Planet Earth Volume I goes free to read. (thelastdaysofplanetearth.co.uk)
- Oyster to stay open through early 2016; Scribd to offer Hachette and Macmillan audiobooks, among others (teleread.com)
- Wattpad Pimps out their Successful Writers with Wattpad Stars (goodereader.com)
- Wattpad introduces Wattpad Stars accelerator for viral writers (betakit.com)