Now that we’ve reached the halfway point of NaNoWriMo, I trust that you have somehow gotten a story going, even if you’re only on chapter 2.
As for me , I’ve completed chapter 5 yesterday and will now be moving on to chapter 6. I hope to reach 25,000 or more words before 11:30 tonight.
Maybe now that I’ve settled Janette at Gamaris Academy, I can really get the story going.
Anyway, Janette is still dealing with some issues such as talking to herself, a very bad habit that she had picked up while she was still living in Bethsaida. (I myself am dealing with the same issue, but for different reasons) Janette also receives a letter from some family members she didn’t know existed.
Also, I might have Malinda and Silas as the antagonists, since they don’t want Janette to be studying magic at Gamaris. If not, then I’ll have them allied with the main antagonist. Either way, they’re still in the story. (Plus, the bully Tyson Boulford seems to be too cliched, anyway.)
Now that Janette has discovered that her mother’s family knows about her, I’m going to have her try to find out more about the Hawksley family. (One thing that bothered me about Harry Potter was that he never took the time to research his family’s history, but that’s another blog post)
Now I’m off; time for me to reach the halfway point.
And yes, you can buy my book Harry Moffer & the Dumbest Story Ever on Amazon.com.
- NaNoWriMo: How it began, and how I’m done for this year. (minasalcove.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo Update (goodgeekranting.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo Day 15: You’re Invited to a Virtual Write-In! (thesisterseternal.wordpress.com)
- 4 Historical Battles To Inspire Your D&D (tribality.com)
- 10 Reasons for Taking the Self Publishing Plunge #Writers #selfpublishing (blondewritemore.wordpress.com)
- The Way of Kings (jakeandhiswords.wordpress.com)