OK, I’ve kept you all in suspense long enough.
And the 2013 NaNoWriMo novel is going to be…Janette Lennox!
I know you’re all staring at me, as if I had suddenly grew extra nails where I should have fingers, but hear me out. The summary is as follows: in an homage to “Harry Potter” and other magical stories set in Britain, a girl is sent to the Garmaris School of Alchemy and Magic and goes on a magical adventure.
I can hear you saying, “Enough with the Harry Potter ripoffs!” But let me say this: The story is the story that J.K. Rowling should have written, and Harry Potter should have been a girl. I’m also getting rid of the silliness that plagued the Harry Potter books, preferring to inject some degree of realism into the story. There will be no fairytale abusive relatives or hotheaded incompetent dark lords or even the study of witchcraft (FYI, you CAN write a magical story without witchcraft or sorcery) in this story.
I’ll be knocking that story into place soon in preparation for writing the story on November 1, 2013.
And yes, you’re welcome to purchase Harry Moffer & the Dumbest Story Ever on Amazon.com. Plus, this story is being promoted on the website Booksie, where you can read the first four chapters of the story online for free.
- NaNoWriMo Inbound! (hiturarael.wordpress.com)
- Tiredness and NaNoWriMo (inkprintmagazine.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo (katinatreesee.wordpress.com)
- Journeys in Writing – What is NaNoWriMo anyway? (journeysinlifeblog.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo Breakthrough! (kstrattt.wordpress.com)
- Are you ready for NaNoWriMo? (thetarotman.wordpress.com)