I opened up my Smashwords.com account on May 20, 2011, intending to one day publish my original stories using this site. So far, I have written (and yet to finish) Life, Sin, & Blood and Magical Compositions. Those stories I had published during NaNoWriMo, when Smashwords offers to let you publish your first draft on the site during the month of November.
Also, Smashwords is an indie book publisher with ties to Apple iBookstore, Barnes & Noble, Sony Reader Store, Kobo, the Diesel eBook Store, Baker & Taylor‘s Blio and Axis360. The only stipulations to having your stories published on the site is if you are the original author of the story (Smashwords doesn’t allow public domain works) and you have formatted your manuscript as a Microsoft Word .doc file. (plus, I don’t think Smashwords allows fan fiction to be published on its site)
So, I’ll have to hurry up and finish those two stories as well as figure out which story goes on Smashwords next.
- Hard Call – Dropping Smashwords.com (richardallenrh.com)
- Now Available – Shimmering! (dlmilesbooks.wordpress.com)
- Day 12 of NaNoWriMo (clairevioletthropeexpress.wordpress.com)
- Smashwords Supports EPUB Uploads With Smashwords Direct (smashwords.com)
- Smashwords, anyone? (wehrismypen.wordpress.com)
- The Monsters of Creativity (rouschel.wordpress.com)