And now I have to tell you a very hard truth.
I do not like to write happy stories. The reason is that real life is far from happy. Turn on the TV and what do you see? Wars, disasters, diseases. All of that that was probably make you never want to get out of bed.
But I do write a watered-down version of real life. Yes there are situations such as cancer, family drama, and even school shootings for you to contend with. Yes, children do die no matter how often you try to avoid knowing that.
In short, life is unkind, so I am unkind in my writings.
If you happen to have a problem with the way I portray real life, then I suggest that you find a children’s book and go away. I write real life as how I see it, not the way it should be portrayed.
Now you know.
- Children’s Book ‘You Have to Fucking Eat’ Read by Bryan Cranston (flavorwire.com)
- Great Children’s Books Celebrating Science (brainpickings.org)
- Day 90: Why lunch ladies are heroes (websiteconfetti.com)
- 5 Insane Children’s Books That Will Ruin Your Child (joronomo.com)
- Kevin Costner Fights to Raise His Granddaughter in First ‘Black or White’ Trailer (Exclusive Video) (thewrap.com)
- “Better To Suck And Be Seen Than Not Be Seen At All” (pureefantastico.wordpress.com)