Here’s the lowdown: It was supposed to be about the rise and fall of the rock band that Jennifer, Nancy, Maura, and Oriana join (a la “The Runaways“, only with less Kristen Stewart and Dakota Fanning and more silly high-school girls). But somewhere along the way, this story seemed to evolve into something of a drama/documentary (such as my first story, “Notorious: the Ballad of Candy Cane Brenner”).
So, what do we say about the storylines? Here’s a list of them:
- The girls join the band
- The girls’ problems with school, homes, and families
- Their parents and their issues
- The actual rock band
And here’s the BIG kicker: out of the four girls who were in the band, only Oriana is deemed “rock star material“. She may have been bullied as much as the nerds and geeks and other normal people, but at least she makes up for it by her amazing writing skills and guitar-playing talent. The other three? Not so much.
So, here’s what I’m going to do: I’m going to take these four storylines and work on them individually and have them be intertwined into the story so that it flows smoothly. And on the day before Thanksgiving, it’s not going to be that easy.
See you soon!
- NaNoWriMo Day 21 (chyrondave.wordpress.com)
- How Not to Starve During NaNoWriMo (khrystleraineduste.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo: Won The Battle But Not The War…Let’s Dance! (lettersandfeathers.wordpress.com)
- Kristen Stewart Finally Gets the Interview She Deserves (flavorwire.com)