Can you believe that it’s only been a week since NaNoWriMo began and I started this very story? Well, I’m gonna skip the excitement and jump right into today’s blog post.
As far as I can tell, I’m now on chapter 4 and where we left off on chapter 3, the main part of the story is finally beginning to take off.
Here’s what we have so far (with a timeline):
- April 20, 1999: Columbine High School Shooting in Littleton, Colorado.
- April 27, 1999: story begins. Jennifer Nancy, and Maura get into a fight with Claire, Lazaro, Davina, and Shawnee.
- April 28, 1999: Maura and Oriana try to form their pop band when someone tells them, Jennifer, and Nancy about the audition for a chance to be managed by a former rock star.
As you can see, in less than a week, the girls’ lives are changed forever.And with Jennifer claiming that they had a month and a half until school ends and they can safely graduate, I’d say that graduation takes place on June 14, 1999. (And yes, the song 1999 by Prince will be playing at their graduation.)
But there are some unresolved issues that’ll affect their ability to survive the final few weeks of school, such as unexpected fame, jealous classmates, shocking new relationships, family issues, fights, and an event that nearly ends the band and the girls’ friendship for good.
Well, before I give too much away, I’m gonna have to get started on the new chapter.
- NaNoWriMo: 10,000 (michaelmcmullen.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo Scares My Socks Off (daphneshadows.wordpress.com)
- How to Finish NaNoWriMo in 24 Hours (chortleatmygirth.com)
- Smashwords and NaNoWriMo (sahmataineking.com)
- How to be a NaNoWriMo Rebel (doingthewritething.wordpress.com)