Well, here it is, folks! We are now in the home stretch of the fan fiction revolution. Hopefully, you will have written a much better fan fiction than you have before the revolution began and have gained a greater appreciation of your chosen fandom. For some of you experiencing Harry Potter fan fiction withdrawls, the weeks that you have spent not reading or writing Harry Potter fan fiction and writing for another fandom are completely worth it. You have gone beyond the most popular fandom on FanFiction.Net to one that has gained very little notice.
Well, it’s not over yet, because I have one more thing that we haven’t discussed yet, and it’s the most important thing that is needed in fan fiction today: THE DISCLAIMER!!!
Most writers don’t like it if you use their characters for your own story and try to sell that story. There have been various lawsuits regarding the sale of fan fiction stories. It’s not worth it.
So, what does Count Omer have to say about this issue?
Don’t forget the disclaimers! The disclaimer is your friend, and will protect you from any lawsuit that the original author wants to slap on you.
And there you have it.
So what’s the assignment for this thing? If you haven’t already done that, look up “how to write a disclaimer for fanfiction” on Google. There are various sites that show you how to use a disclaimer properly so that you don’t get slapped with a lawsuit from anyone. Also, When in doubt, try this out: “I don’t own anything but the story.” That will save you hours of headaches and such.
I’ll have the conclusion to the revolution out later this week.
- Does Fan Fiction Deserve a Readership or a Copyright Lawsuit? (bigthink.com)
- Why read or write fan fiction? (catontherocks.wordpress.com)
- Giving it away for free (emilystealeaves.wordpress.com)
- Luke Skywalker Is Gay? Fan fiction is America’s literature of obsession. (maleexpress.org)
- Book Review: Fifty Shades of Grey by E L James (ermiliablog.wordpress.com)
- The Time Keeper- Mitch Alborn (lucybirdbooks.wordpress.com)
- Disclaiming Disclaimer (my blanket disclaimer) 🙂 (amuletbox.wordpress.com)
- How fangirls changed the future of publishing (kernelmag.dailydot.com)
- New chapter of my fanfic up! (scribbleywhile.wordpress.com)